- Maybe it’s not just me. . .
- replace journal with “informal responses” that students turn in when they are due as homework in 1213.
- Keep the journal in 1113, but make sure to collect it every week.
- Require journals to be folders instead of notebooks, though the responses can be either typed or handwritten.
- move rhetorical analysis to 1213 next fall, and move place ethnography to 1113. If I do this, then that could lead to 5 library days in 1213 and 0 in 1113. . .maybe I do want to keep rhetorical analysis in 1113. . .hmmm. . .
- Add in required interview to place ethnography assignment in 1213 for spring, and move rhetorical analysis to third assignment in 1113 spring sections. Make analysis prompt more structured: either choose one speech to analyze or pick two ads or commercials to compare and contrast. Or maybe I want to go ahead and switch these assignments around next semester? Take a look at roster and see how many repeat students I have first.
- Start working with MLA citation and integrating sources sooner in 1213.
- STOP PROCRASTINATING WHEN IT COMES TO GRADING.
- Add in more structured prompts to personal essay assignment (maybe from past essay exam prompts)?
- Cut down number of prompts on op-ed assignment prompt.
- more in-class activities, less lecture. . .
Leave a Reply